Sophie Blackall Illustration

Drawings and Snippets and Breaking News, (but more snippets than breaking news).

Monday, June 1, 2009

Exquisite Corpse in the Library

If you happen to be in New York this Saturday, in the vicinity of the Mulberry Street branch of the Public Library, around 2pm, I'm going to be playing a version of my favorite game with thirty feet of paper, a bunch of Surrealist children and fistfuls of nouns, verbs and adjectives. It should be fun. Click on the picture for more info. (Incidentally I found this picture in my desk along with sheaves of others, from many late nights, with many (obviously) talented friends. Unfortunately I can't remember whose work this is. Feel free to claim credit if you recognize your limbs.)

4 comments:

avoca said...

again: see my post below about being in the wrong location at the moment..


exquisite corpse is also one of my fave Hedwig songs.. :)

avoca said...

RANDOM: just got my copy of the Songs for sorrow illustrated book by mika, with your artwork. pretty amazing!! as usual.. ;)

take care xx

Tom McRae said...

Yep, I recognise my contribution, highly dubious hips to knees... what was I thinking...or drinking?

silvergirl said...

thanks for keeping this game alive and kicking. i am always amazed at how many people don't know what i'm referring to when i suggest we play. (although i usually do the text-drawing-text-drawing version, which may seem strange to some.)
Always leads to belly laughs, though :)