Sophie Blackall Illustration

Drawings and Snippets and Breaking News, (but more snippets than breaking news).

Friday, February 13, 2009

Making Fun

Sometimes, on a day filled with fires and plane crashes and lost jobs and suicide bombs, not to mention loathsome Valentine's motifs, the only recourse is to amuse oneself at the expense of a long dead stranger. Some might argue Forrest Gump would do the trick. To each, his own.


avoca said...

I like the carrot nose lady. ;)

happy st. valentine's, sophie, whether you celebrate it or not. have a good day! :)


Sweet Pea said...

These are great - I would buy these as a set of prints. Their serious expressions make them look so much more comical :)

Baudi said...

Hi Sophie,

Just wanted to say that I admire your work. Your drawings are so delicate! These 'fun making drawings' made me laugh out loud! Just brill!

BTW, I can't visit your homepage (and I really want to!!). I hear 'the whipbird', but then I see another page (a grey one) and there are no links on that one.

Wish you all the best and I hope you continue to make these beautiful pieces of art!



avoca said...

the sauvage man inspired your goth side, sophie, or so it seems.. very witty new entry of the MIKA project.. ;) I call it so, since he calls it the "blackall project". feels appropriate. :)


Anonymous said...

sophie, i adore ms. carrot nose. i covet her!!

so great.