Sophie Blackall Illustration

Drawings and Snippets and Breaking News, (but more snippets than breaking news).

Friday, October 3, 2008

Turning the first sod

Welcome to my blog!
As someone who writes mostly with a pencil on the back of an envelope this is exciting and faintly terrifying. (Just choosing a font had me paralyzed for half an hour.)
Yesterday I embarked on a project with the irrepressibly energetic and creative singer/songwriter phenomenon MIKA. We are going to communicate via a drawing, a kind of Surrealist 'Exquisite Corpse' collaboration, which we will send back and forth at the mercy of the US postal system.
Have a look at MIKA's website: http://www.mikasounds.com/
This blog will be a place to record what happens, and also to mention new books and things like that which I have been fundamentally hopeless at doing. Until now.
You'll see. I'll be blogging blindfolded soon.

2 comments:

celien said...

Wauw! You make amazing illustrations! I took a look at your website after I read Mika's blog and I must say that I LOVE the project! I'm sure that the end result will be wonderful :)

Have fun with it!

Celien (from Belgium)

Isha Marquez said...

Incredible! So this is how it all started. I love this blog and your missed connections blog- your drawings are beautiful and romantic. Thank you for drawing and sharing it with us!